Monday, October 25, 2010

Thirty-Three.


There are now thirty-three weeks worth of Charlie in that belly. Hooray! That means 7 weeks--less than two months--until his due date. People are still asking me when he is due and expecting to hear, "tomorrow!" but I'm feeling a little better. Steve and I have been going to bed earlier, and I haven't been as tired. I still love a good nap--don't get me wrong--but I'm not comatose in the mornings anymore. And the belly is still growing, as you'll be able to see in the last picture. :)

My only real complaint has been that my heart pounds when I lay down. The doctor said this has something to do with Charlie laying on my vena cava. It has made sleeping difficult, so the doc prescribed me a beta blocker to help calm it down a little. I consulted with Dr. Steve and he said those things are harmless and to give it a try. Then when he saw my prescription bag he pointed to the circled birthdate, which had the word "VERIFY" beside it.

"You know why this says verify?" he asked.

"No," I said. I kind of thought they verified everyone's birthdate.

"Because this stuff is for heart patients. Usually REALLY OLD people."

We cracked up. Pregnancy with Steve in med school has been funny. Not only am I taking medication like an elderly lady, but apparently my BMI currently (if I weren't pregnant) would make me just BARELY shy of obese. Luckily he also thinks my giant tummy is cute, and I have pretty good self-esteem, so I am able to hear these interesting observations without crying. But we haven't tried reading the Jeopardy! calendar again yet. ;)

Obligatory glamour shot.

I just can't help myself. I have the ham gene on both sides of my family.


Here's the side view with a normal face. :)

And below, weeks 17, 19, 20, 25, 30, 31, and 33. If you look, you can see a definite pop between 31 and 33. Growing, growing, growing. And kicking like it's going out of style.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie I have to say that you have got to be one of the cutest pregnant woman that I have ever seen. You are so good about talking pregnancy pictures. I just love your bump and you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete