Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Official: I am Huge.

Nobody here has noticed that I have no lap. :)

We're down to an every-two-weeks doctor appointment schedule now that I've hit 30 weeks (31 tomorrow!), so I had another appointment on Tuesday afternoon, during which I weighed in at 140. Luckily, things are looking good even though I took that little tumble a few weeks back. Charlie's heartbeat was 144 (right within range), he's been super happy and kicky and wiggly, and my glucose test came back good--no "sugars" for me. But the doc did confirm for me that I have a stretch mark right by my belly button... bummer.

There was one little piece of info that I found very vindicating, however. I've been feeling kind of huge for a while now, and when the doctor took my belly measurement, I was measuring 4 weeks larger than the typical 30-weeker. Yikes! So I actually am huge. This explains why people keep thinking I am due any day now, and why I have outgrown all but about 5 of my largest maternity shirts.

So, what does this mean? Well, either Charlie is huge (which is possible--Gracie was two weeks early and still weighed in at 7lbs 12oz), or I have too much amniotic fluid. I suspect the former. We're going to have an ultrasound next week to check everything out. We'll get to see how big our little bun is and what's going on in there. The doctor didn't seem too concerned, though. In fact, when I asked him if he was concerned that I would need a c-section, he laughed and said, "Not for someone who pushed out a 7lb 12oz baby in an hour." Anyway, we're excited to get an extra peek at Charlie wiggling around in there!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe there is another little one hiding behind Charlie ;) Glad everything is going well! Only 9 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete