Well, welcome to week 30! Doesn't look too huge, does it? What about from the side?
So week 30 started yesterday, and I am pretty excited. It is the moment I have been waiting for, because, since Grace was born at 38 weeks, and even full term is only 40, it means we are almost to single-digit-weeks left to Charlie's due date! Hooray!
Things have been pleasantly baby-uneventful since our trip to the hospital on Saturday/Sunday. Charlie is kicking around like the busy bee he is, Mommy is doing good, and no signs of preterm labor. Thank goodness. And, as promised, my high heels have been retired for the duration of the pregnancy. (Steve thinks this is an awfully convenient excuse to buy new shoes... A pleasant bonus!)
My symptoms now include lower back pain (did you see the belly I'm hefting around?), difficulty getting out of bed/off the couch (imagine a turtle on its back... arm flailing... legs waving... general hilarity), some kind of "Medusa" veining (a couple of veins right at the surface of my skin over my belly button... kind of odd looking, I think the result possibly of Charlie compressing my vena cava?), clumsiness (obviously), difficulty sleeping (getting comfortable and shutting off my pre-nesting to-do list), feeling huge, and of course continued sleepiness, hungriness, and chocolate cravings. :) Plus--my belly button actually popped out! Its not much, just because of the way my belly button is, but you can definitely see it a little bit if I'm wearing a non-flowy shirt.
Oh, sidenote; here is week 17, 19, 20, 25, and 30 for you to compare:
So, what have we been up to?
Well, we're still trying to come up with a middle name, but we haven't found the perfect match for Charlie (Charles) yet. We loved Owen, but that would make his initials C.O.W. Would you want to go through your life with the initials cow? Me neither. We also like James quite a bit, but we're still going through our options to make sure we pick the perfect one.
We've also been nesting like crazy. As you may remember from Grace, our nesting extends not just to baby things, but to our whole house. As a result, Steve built a whole picnic table for Gracie this afternoon (I helped, too!), and I spent most of this week and part of last putting together a bunting banner for Charlie's room. I'll get some pictures of it up soon. We're also planning to build some bookcases, and I have artwork and a new boppy cover on the horizon, too. And we're looking for a chair (to buy) for Charlie's room, like the one in Gracie's room now, for nursing/story-reading/cuddling purposes. So if you know of a good little armchair somewhere, we want to know about it.
And finally, new poll. Just for you! Check the sidebar.



You really don't even look pregnant from the front. The bunting banner is such a cute idea. I love your ideas Jamie!
ReplyDelete