Thursday, November 25, 2010
Week 38. And Cankles.
Posted by
Jamie
I look at this picture and think, "What happened?!" Have I not miraculously popped out like a foot and a half more since the last tummy shot 2 weeks ago? I have got to be about 33.3333% belly now, and approximately 1/4 of my weight (146!) is baby or baby-related. 44.5 inches around... Amazing! Though to be fair, this picture includes Charlie AND our Thanksgiving lunch both in my tummy (albeit in different sections thereof). :)
Did you notice that I'm wearing a sexy socks-in-sandals combo? Want to know why? I've had a cough for about a month, and last night we were sitting in the Pearson's living room, when I got a laugh-that-turned-into-a-cough, and something painful popped between a pair of ribs on my right side, on a spot that has been pretty sore for about a week (we think because there is SO MUCH belly being held up by those poor muscles). Our best guess, after consulting with future doctors Steve and David, is that I tore an intercostal muscle (one of the muscles between your ribs). And it hurts BAD. So, short story long, I am wearing socks because Steve put them on for me this morning (isn't he just the best?) and I knew if I took them off for the picture it would be an ordeal to get them back on.
Also, I noticed tonight when I took a shower that I have cankles (apparently I dont see much of my feet unless I'm washing them...? Again, much Charlie in the line of sight there). My fingers and toes were getting quite sausage-shaped last night, but the calf-ankle fusion seems to be a new development. Steve got a good laugh out of it when I showed him--you can see how it kind of looks like a fat roll is developing around my sock line. Hahaha. Luckily I'm not vain about my ankles. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment