Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Birth Fairy Mouse & the Stork
Posted by
Jamie
Okay. So. A little traumatizing: I saw a mouse in our kitchen yesterday. I know. Gross. We've never seen one before, or any... er... evidence that one has been around. We think it came up from the basement--there are so many chipmunks and squirrels in our yard I guess someone was bound to sneak in there at some point, and there is a little hole in our pantry leading up from the basement.
Anyway, if we've ever discussed my horrible fear of squirrels (Steve once had to carry me past a group of them because I couldn't force myself to walk past them... For some reason I have this certainty that they will run up my legs) you won't be surprised that I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT AND SCREAMED. Poor Steve thought Charlie had fallen out of me or something. He was probably quite relieved that it was only a teeny (seriously, like maybe 2 inches?) tiny mouse.
He went into the kitchen to look for it while I hunched over in the hallway with a couple of super gnarly contractions. They didn't turn out to be anything except a panicked reaction to that poor mouse, but Steve and I started joking later that maybe the mouse could have been an answer to my repeated prayers that Charlie come out ASAP--something that would shock me enough to throw me into labor.
We now refer to it, obviously, as the Birth Fairy Mouse. Though honestly I'd prefer to not see it again, even if it would trigger some more contractions. ;)
Another omen? While driving home from Costco today, we ended up behind a car whose license plate read THESTORK. Not kidding. We wished it would have gone all the way to our house.
Anyway, if we've ever discussed my horrible fear of squirrels (Steve once had to carry me past a group of them because I couldn't force myself to walk past them... For some reason I have this certainty that they will run up my legs) you won't be surprised that I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT AND SCREAMED. Poor Steve thought Charlie had fallen out of me or something. He was probably quite relieved that it was only a teeny (seriously, like maybe 2 inches?) tiny mouse.
He went into the kitchen to look for it while I hunched over in the hallway with a couple of super gnarly contractions. They didn't turn out to be anything except a panicked reaction to that poor mouse, but Steve and I started joking later that maybe the mouse could have been an answer to my repeated prayers that Charlie come out ASAP--something that would shock me enough to throw me into labor.
We now refer to it, obviously, as the Birth Fairy Mouse. Though honestly I'd prefer to not see it again, even if it would trigger some more contractions. ;)
Another omen? While driving home from Costco today, we ended up behind a car whose license plate read THESTORK. Not kidding. We wished it would have gone all the way to our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment