Monday, November 22, 2010

Still No Baby, Huh?

Tonight will mark the two-week mark of cramping and contractions, and still no indication that Charlie is in any hurry whatsoever to make his debut.

Our doctor appointment on Thursday was good. They told me I am a little bit dilated (though with the caveat that since this is a second pregnancy, that really doesn't mean much at all), and the ultrasound showed that our little bun is doing great--but weighs around 8lb 3oz (so more than a pound over the average for babies his age). I asked if the ultrasound could be wrong, and the tech told me they usually give themselves a range of +/- half a pound. So even if they're a little off, he's still a big baby!

The tech took measurements of his head, legs, belly, and a couple other things that I wasn't paying attention to because I was just watching how cute he was. Most of him is measuring about a week ahead, but his little tummy? Measuring 41 weeks. We are not even at 38 yet! She said he is going to be a little chubber, and kept calling him a "chunky monkey." I'm pretty excited, actually--I LOVE chubby babies. Also, I'd much rather have a squishy tummy be the cause of his poundage than, say, a ginormous head. Haha.

People (um, including his mommy and daddy) are starting to expect him any moment now. People keep saying things like, "You're still here, huh?" and "No baby yet?" when they see me. I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty down. My body is worn out and getting more sore and uncomfortable by the day, and just about every other night I have at least an hour when I feel positive that we will be having a baby by morning. And nothing. I know he isn't due for another 2.5 weeks, but the contractions etc. are really getting to me. Luckily I have sweet Gracie to keep me company during the day, and there have been lots of things to do and places to go and people to party with. We have some fun Thanksgiving weekend plans--dinner with some families from church, Black Friday shopping, and maybe a Lord of the Rings marathon.

But I have to admit. I wouldn't mind adding a Charlie birth to that.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get the house clean, occasionally cook something, and especially to not drive Steve crazy. :-/

2 comments:

  1. I love chubby babies too!! I can't wait to see him! Hang in there :) You are almost done! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie don't be down, we love you! You're cute and your baby is cute!

    ReplyDelete