Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things Around Here


...are large and striped. Do you think Charlie feels like we are a large prisoner of pregnancy? I sort of feel like I should be singing Jailhouse Rock in this shirt, but I like it. And it is one of the shirts that still fits. I'd say its maybe got a good 2 weeks left.

I don't know if the perspective of the picture is an accurate portrayal of my belly size. You should ask Steve. But this is what my laptop sees every day. I'm happy to have enough lap to hold Gracie on still.

We went to Target on Saturday and the cashier asked, "When are you due? Today?" Which I thought was a bold question. But I just laughed and told her no, I wish. (35 weeks tomorrow.)

At my doctor appointment today, there was a PA student. The doctor let her measure my belly, and when she told him she got 37 cm (meaning 37 weeks) he smiled indulgently and said, "Well, thirty-four." Then he decided to show her how it was done. Guess what? Still measured 37. I told him that was right--baby has been measuring big. I hope that PA felt vindicated; she did it just right. So they've decided that next time (when I will be 1 day out from the real 37 weeks!) I get another ultrasound to see just how big Charlie is. I guess we'll decide what to do from there? Not really sure what the plan is if he is still big, though. And he will be.

I'm at 144 lbs. The doctor said that was good. In fact, he said I should teach a class. I found that very flattering.

I'm 43" around the middle. I don't think I'll make it to being as wide as I am tall. Thank goodness. (But sorry to Linda, who was hoping I would become some kind of sphere/cube.)

What else?

So two days ago Steve got home from school and, after telling him an idea I had for the final piece of art in Charlie's room, I pulled him over to my laptop and said, "What do you think of this chair?" I'd decided I needed a chair to nurse.

"Its nice," he said.

Then I clicked over to another tab. "What do you think of this ottoman for our living room?"

He told me he liked it (smart man, huh?) and then said, "You're nesting pretty bad, aren't you?"

Yes. I am. I almost wish my nesting translated to irresistible cleaning, but it doesn't. It is a compulsive need to make our house feel homey. I crave the final finishing piece of furniture in a room. I make artwork and projects for our babies. I feel suddenly, intensely upset by empty walls that MUST have pictures hung on them IMMEDIATELY. Its like a sickness. A fun sickness.

Please click here to share your prediction about Charlie's final stats. I'm following my sister in law's lead and adding all your guesses to his baby book!

No comments:

Post a Comment