Thursday, November 11, 2010
Shower Power!
Posted by
Jamie
My sweet friend Suzi threw Charlie and me a baby shower last night--it was so fun to be kid-free and just hang out with these fun girls. Suzi did such a cute job decorating her house, and people pitched in by bringing sweets (my fav food group, obviously) that covered the kitchen table.
We started the evening chatting and noshing (there was, of course, a lot of talk about pregnancy, bellies, birth, and babies, among other things), and everyone passed around a clipboard so they could make predictions about Charlie's stats so I can add them to his baby book. (You can do it, too! Click here.)
Then we played a game where everyone got a sheet of characteristics (eye color, hair, talents, etc.) and the ladies had to guess whether I'd want Charlie to inherit Steve's or mine of each item on the list. I love playing these games at my own baby shower because I get all the answers right. ;)
Then it was gift opening time. Everyone was so generous--Charlie is now quite well stocked with adorable clothes and handmade goodies (burp cloths, appliqued onesies, a quilt from my mama, etc.) and I am feeling good that we won't have to resort to any pink Gracie-hand-me-down jammies to keep him toasty. ;)
Check out how teeny these shoes are! I will have to try to gauge his shoe size next time he kicks me in the belly to see if they'll fit yet. ;)
As always with these sweet girls, I felt oh-so-loved and had a wonderful time just hanging out and catching up. I am definitely one lucky girl.
Oh, and did I mention that I wasn't sure I'd even make it to my shower because I was having tons of contractions? No? Well I think I'll save that for tomorrow.
(And if you're wondering, I am writing in my PJs from the comfort of our couch, not secretly sitting in the delivery room or something. Haha.)
36 weeks tomorrow!
We started the evening chatting and noshing (there was, of course, a lot of talk about pregnancy, bellies, birth, and babies, among other things), and everyone passed around a clipboard so they could make predictions about Charlie's stats so I can add them to his baby book. (You can do it, too! Click here.)
Then we played a game where everyone got a sheet of characteristics (eye color, hair, talents, etc.) and the ladies had to guess whether I'd want Charlie to inherit Steve's or mine of each item on the list. I love playing these games at my own baby shower because I get all the answers right. ;)
Then it was gift opening time. Everyone was so generous--Charlie is now quite well stocked with adorable clothes and handmade goodies (burp cloths, appliqued onesies, a quilt from my mama, etc.) and I am feeling good that we won't have to resort to any pink Gracie-hand-me-down jammies to keep him toasty. ;)
Check out how teeny these shoes are! I will have to try to gauge his shoe size next time he kicks me in the belly to see if they'll fit yet. ;)
As always with these sweet girls, I felt oh-so-loved and had a wonderful time just hanging out and catching up. I am definitely one lucky girl.
Oh, and did I mention that I wasn't sure I'd even make it to my shower because I was having tons of contractions? No? Well I think I'll save that for tomorrow.
(And if you're wondering, I am writing in my PJs from the comfort of our couch, not secretly sitting in the delivery room or something. Haha.)
36 weeks tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Looks like a good time, wish I could have been there to celebrate with you! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou have very cute friends.
ReplyDelete