Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Symptoms

We are a little over 8 weeks along, and the baby is now the size of an olive. (A green one, according to WTE--are green ones a different size than the black?)

Since we still have no cute ultrasound to show you, I thought I'd share with you some of my pregnancy symptoms. Lucky you! Haha. Unfortunately right now, they're not pretty!
  • Morning sickness... Well I think the past several posts have given you all the info you want on that. It is going strong, and seems to be getting worse. I hope that means its peaking!
  • Aversions. To everything, including chocolate. This was a little bit of a shocker to me, as I happily ate chocolate all through my Gracie pregnancy. Maybe this is just the thing to kick my habit!
  • Cravings. I wouldn't say I really have cravings, but I am struck daily by one food I can eat at any given moment. Lately these have been: 
    • Cheese & crackers (Steve got me a very yummy cheese, too!)
    • Grapes
    • Egg sandwiches (doesn't that sound gross? It was a childhood fav, and I am happy that I enjoy some kind of protein at this point)
  • Whacky dreams. I have been known to dream of things as boring as vacuuming, but usually I have no dreams at all. Not so in pregnancy! Last night alone I dreamed that my belly had popped very cutely, that we lived in a haunted house, that someone broke in to our new place, and that I was dying. Intense. In case you couldn't tell, I haven't been sleeping very well!
  • Fatigue. Unless I am pregnant or have a newborn, I am pretty much a non-napper. Lately I have been taking 2 naps per day, even resorting to putting Grace in her crib for "book time" for an hour in the morning so I can take a desperately needed pre-Sesame Street nap. Lucky for me, she is the best toddler ever, and puts up with it.
Steve is having his own pregnancy symptom--perhaps transferred from my own changing tastes--he is craving chocolate like nobody's business. I offered him my Phish Food ice cream last night, and he turned it down because it wasn't chocolatey enough! Maybe its all the extra housework he's been doing. Has anyone tested for a correlation between housewifery and chocoholism?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like a perfectly normal and healthy pregnancy. The first T stinks!!! I lived on soda crackers and Sprite, which was a dead give away at work. Just think, Taylor was Gracie's age when I had Josh. Yikes!!! Hang in there. We are all so happy for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you dream about vacuuming...

    ReplyDelete