Friday, May 14, 2010
Five on Friday
Posted by
Jamie
Steve loved the Fives on Fridays we did on Gracie's baby-on-the-way blog, so I thought I'd continue the tradition. :)
1. We Disagree (With You). I have to admit, we're a little shocked by the poll results so far--you ALL (9 so far) think we're having a boy! Steve and I are both feeling almost absolutely certain that this new little bun is a girl. Y'all were right last time, though, so I guess only time will tell. May I ask why you're seeing blue?
2. We're Moving. Next week, I think. And we are so excited. Steve is signing the lease RIGHT NOW. Three bedrooms, a den, a living room. Cutest little rental ever. Bliss. Thanks, new baby! We can't wait to get started on your nursery. (!!!)
3. We're Feeling Separated. Not emotionally. But literally. After a week of sleeping separately (Steve, man that he is, volunteered for the couch--take notes, husbands), we tried sleeping side by side again in our own bed. And it failed miserably. At least for me. Steve got a great few hours of sleep, and I woke up uncomfortable every time he shifted, tossed and turned trying to find a good position, and ended up laying awake about 6 times staring at the ceiling fan praying I could fall asleep. In the middle of the night we split into our separate rooms again, and I slept well the rest of the night.
This is really sad.
Here's why: Steve was talking to some people at CPE (he's doing a community practice doctor thing at a practitioner's office for a couple weeks) about how they all need king sized beds because they need their space. In real (non-first-trimester) life, we could sleep on a twin. I'm serious. There is a little divot in the middle of our bed where we sleep cuddled up. (Aren't we so cute? Don't gag--cute is good.) After Grace was born, we both slept in my twin hospital bed. We LIKE each other, okay?
4. We're Qualified. North Carolina has kind of tricky pregnancy insurance stuff. You can't just get an insurance plan with maternity included--it is a whole extra (EXPENSIVE) rider, and you have to apply for it only at the beginning of a new year or when you first apply for coverage. BUT it's because NC has this really awesome pregnancy Medicaid program, which, though it takes ages to apply for (we applied the week we found out, early April), covers most everything you need. Yesterday we finally got approved, with a card in the mail and everything. Thank goodness! We had saved quite a bit just in case, but it's nice to know that most of that can stay our emergency fund.
5. We're Getting the Big News. Today! Steve's big brother Kevin & wife Rachel are calling us this morning to tell is who's going to be joining their family! They have their gender scan for their little bun today, and we are so excited to find out who we will be aunt/uncling next. I talked to Kev about it last night, and he was so excited. We agreed that it is one of the things in adulthood that actually feels like Christmas Eve. :)
Also, have you guys been praying? Because I'm feeling some better today. Keep up those prayers, my loves!
1. We Disagree (With You). I have to admit, we're a little shocked by the poll results so far--you ALL (9 so far) think we're having a boy! Steve and I are both feeling almost absolutely certain that this new little bun is a girl. Y'all were right last time, though, so I guess only time will tell. May I ask why you're seeing blue?
2. We're Moving. Next week, I think. And we are so excited. Steve is signing the lease RIGHT NOW. Three bedrooms, a den, a living room. Cutest little rental ever. Bliss. Thanks, new baby! We can't wait to get started on your nursery. (!!!)
3. We're Feeling Separated. Not emotionally. But literally. After a week of sleeping separately (Steve, man that he is, volunteered for the couch--take notes, husbands), we tried sleeping side by side again in our own bed. And it failed miserably. At least for me. Steve got a great few hours of sleep, and I woke up uncomfortable every time he shifted, tossed and turned trying to find a good position, and ended up laying awake about 6 times staring at the ceiling fan praying I could fall asleep. In the middle of the night we split into our separate rooms again, and I slept well the rest of the night.
This is really sad.
Here's why: Steve was talking to some people at CPE (he's doing a community practice doctor thing at a practitioner's office for a couple weeks) about how they all need king sized beds because they need their space. In real (non-first-trimester) life, we could sleep on a twin. I'm serious. There is a little divot in the middle of our bed where we sleep cuddled up. (Aren't we so cute? Don't gag--cute is good.) After Grace was born, we both slept in my twin hospital bed. We LIKE each other, okay?
4. We're Qualified. North Carolina has kind of tricky pregnancy insurance stuff. You can't just get an insurance plan with maternity included--it is a whole extra (EXPENSIVE) rider, and you have to apply for it only at the beginning of a new year or when you first apply for coverage. BUT it's because NC has this really awesome pregnancy Medicaid program, which, though it takes ages to apply for (we applied the week we found out, early April), covers most everything you need. Yesterday we finally got approved, with a card in the mail and everything. Thank goodness! We had saved quite a bit just in case, but it's nice to know that most of that can stay our emergency fund.
5. We're Getting the Big News. Today! Steve's big brother Kevin & wife Rachel are calling us this morning to tell is who's going to be joining their family! They have their gender scan for their little bun today, and we are so excited to find out who we will be aunt/uncling next. I talked to Kev about it last night, and he was so excited. We agreed that it is one of the things in adulthood that actually feels like Christmas Eve. :)
Also, have you guys been praying? Because I'm feeling some better today. Keep up those prayers, my loves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment