- Boy or girl? I've been asking Miss Gracie whether we are having a brother or a sister since we first found out we were pregnant. She has always been adamant that it is a "dis-doo" or "sis-doo." It wasn't until last week that it occurred to me to ask if she thought it was a boy or a girl--"bay." So if Gracie has her way, she will have a boy sister. Hmm.
. - Where's our baby? Gracie knows our baby is in someone's tummy, but when I ask her point blank, she usually points to her own. :) When she does tell me it is in Mommy's tummy, she also adds that ,"It's growing." I don't know how she learned that.
. - Mommy's spot. Grace has never been too big on the couch, until now. After all, it is Mommy's favorite spot, so it must be pretty cool, right? Whenever I get up she scrambles into my spot, lays down on a pillow, and says "Oh, cozy."
. - Morning sickness. Since Grace and I are home alone most of the day, she has obviously heard me having "morning" sickness several times. She usually just says, "Mommy??" and then goes back to her Legos. Yesterday was the first time she followed me in to the bathroom--probably because Steve was there, too, with a glass of water and moral support. She watched me skeptically for a second, and when I had calmed down enough to look at her she smiled and said, "Silly Mommy."
Monday, May 10, 2010
Gracie's Thoughts on Pregnancy
Posted by
Jamie
Aside from occasionally pulling all the wipes out of her wipe container when I am not looking, Gracie has been amazing about Mommy being on the couch most of the day. She reads lots of books, plays with her Little People dollhouse, builds with her blocks, and watches lots of Kipper and Sesame Street with me. I often have a small person cuddled up beside me on the couch, which is just the sweetest thing. Here are some of the more amusing reactions and conversations she has graced me with:
Though my sweethearts were very cute yesterday, I had a pretty unhappy little body. As I was hunched over the toilet (just before Gracie told me I was silly) Steve laughed and said, "Happy Mother's Day." Haha. It was kind of pathetically funny. :)
Anyway, thank goodness for Gracie and her good attitude--she keeps me laughing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
boy sister = twins?
ReplyDeleteI can completely hear Steve saying that. It reminded me of when he told me "Happy Birthday Elder Sawyer" in a jokingly negative tone. I can't remember the joke, but I can still hear it in my head.
ReplyDeletehaha aww Grace is so cute! I hope your morning sickness goes away soon- last month when I was sick Adelaide followed me into the bathroom and while I vomited she laughed hysterically at me- I think that was her way of saying "silly mommy"
ReplyDelete"Silly Mommy" that is classic. You guys are so fun/funny I miss you! I love that Steve inserted 'Happy Mother's Day' at the perfect spot in the convo, go Steve.
ReplyDelete