Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bamp.



This is Charlie right now. He is large. Allegedly about 15 inches long and 2 pounds. Way to grow, baby boy.

I can see and feel his arms and legs and feet and hands--or at least the little bumps and ripples that indicate one of the above is wiggling around in there--frequently. I feel about three years pregnant, but I'm still measuring normally so I guess that might be a *teeny* bit dramatic. I hear it is normal to be bigger with your second pregnancy, and with boys, and I am still a very small person, so what was I expecting, right? I'm getting a little nervous because I'm already starting to outgrow a lot of my maternity shirts from my Gracie-pregnancy, and I have been sleeping in a pillow-nest (three pillows so far) for the past week or so to get the belly and back comfy. Steve confirms that I am not yet waddling, though.

We have reached week 26 and thus are now officially in the glorious and long-awaited THIRD TRIMESTER! Hooray! Lets face it, the more distance I can put between myself and the first trimester (which I was semi-reliving tonight as I tried to catch up our picture-of-the-day scrapbook which required captioning of the first-trimester months) the better. And even more exciting--we are 94 days away from Charlie's due date!!!

We finally agreed on and ordered the bedding for his room. :) For some reason, no matter how many times I anxiously check the Target website, it looks like it won't be showing up on our porch until next week. I can't wait to get started on the nesting in his room--you know I love to nest.

Oh. And as to the title of this post. Steve likes to make a wow-this-stomach-is-ginormous sort of sound on occasion when we are discussing or giggling at the belly. It sounds sort of like, "BOW!" (Rhymes with cow, not snow.) He thought it would be funny to teach Grace to do this as well, but for some reason her hand-on-the-tummy noise sounds like "Bamp." She does it all very nonchalantly. Just pats my belly to greet to her little brother and says,  straight-faced, "Hi Dah-yee. Bamp."

2 comments:

  1. ok, i can't believe I have missed out on this blog. I NEED to add it too my blog roll. I have missed SO MUCH...darn! For instance I didn't know you named the little man Charlie...so cute! I have friends that just had a baby and named him Charlie (well Charles, but they're calling him Charlie). They also have a two year old (don't worry her name is Madeline, not Grace:)...and she calls him Chawlie. I love the name its REALLY cute! I am now officially following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This purple bump is the cutest baby boy I've ever seen. Oh my goodness. And my sister just had a baby boy in May and I played with him this summer and decided that baby boy's are the cutest things in the world, which thought I never previously had. You are very lucky to be having one.

    ReplyDelete