Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Gracie and Mommy Go to the Doctor
Posted by
Jamie
I took Gracie with me to the doctor's office today. She went for her checkup last week, and had no problem now that it was Mommy's turn. She was very excited to sit on an orange chair in the waiting room, read Big Bird and Little Bird's Big and Little Book, and have a fruit-snack bribe to sit still while I got my belly measured. :) For some reason she called my doctor Morgan (or something similar). I have yet to figure out where that came from.
Ladies and gentlemen, according to the scale at the doctor's office, I now weigh 132 pounds. That's a 20 pound gain since the beginning. Yikes! (Now, ladies, before you scoff that 132 is a teeny number, please remember that I am several inches shorter than the average person. 4'10". Just saying.) But I've been eating well and exercising every day, so I guess that's just what my body needs to do right now--pack on the pounds to get a nice chubby Charlie growing. I wonder how much of those 20 pounds is situated around my middle? No wonder it's hard to go down staircases. :) Anyway I am feeling good and healthy and strong with our little exercise bet going, and Charlie is kicking away in there, so we must be doing good.
Charlie's heartbeat is at 150, about the same as Gracie's was. I still love that woosh woosh woosh sound you hear on the doppler. His heartbeat was SUPER easy to find today--the nurse just put the doppler down and there he was, heartbeating away. So cute. Gracie thought the sound was odd, so I didn't tell her it was her little brother.
We're always a little concerned about me being small and our babies being big, so I mentioned it to the doc today. She asked how labor was with Grace (spontaneous labor, natural birth, epidural, no problems!) and said that since I did fine with her, I would most likely do fine with this little guy as well. It still seems like a long time away, but I'm already looking forward to labor. Is that weird? Epidurals make it something you can look forward to. :)
Ladies and gentlemen, according to the scale at the doctor's office, I now weigh 132 pounds. That's a 20 pound gain since the beginning. Yikes! (Now, ladies, before you scoff that 132 is a teeny number, please remember that I am several inches shorter than the average person. 4'10". Just saying.) But I've been eating well and exercising every day, so I guess that's just what my body needs to do right now--pack on the pounds to get a nice chubby Charlie growing. I wonder how much of those 20 pounds is situated around my middle? No wonder it's hard to go down staircases. :) Anyway I am feeling good and healthy and strong with our little exercise bet going, and Charlie is kicking away in there, so we must be doing good.
Charlie's heartbeat is at 150, about the same as Gracie's was. I still love that woosh woosh woosh sound you hear on the doppler. His heartbeat was SUPER easy to find today--the nurse just put the doppler down and there he was, heartbeating away. So cute. Gracie thought the sound was odd, so I didn't tell her it was her little brother.
We're always a little concerned about me being small and our babies being big, so I mentioned it to the doc today. She asked how labor was with Grace (spontaneous labor, natural birth, epidural, no problems!) and said that since I did fine with her, I would most likely do fine with this little guy as well. It still seems like a long time away, but I'm already looking forward to labor. Is that weird? Epidurals make it something you can look forward to. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment