Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Docta, Docta

Who wants to start the morning by chugging a bottle of glucose and red 40? Anyone? No?

Obviously my glucose test was this morning. There were lots of other pregnant women there, and it felt like we all exchanged knowing looks about the Hi-C-gone-wrong I was drinking. For the record, having had the orange flavored and the fruit punch over these two pregnancies, I personally think the orange is better. And even more palatable if you can refrigerate it first. Anyway I had to hang out for an hour and then got my blood drawn; results will be in by my next appointment.

While I was waiting for the blood draw I had an appointment with a doc. I think there are 12 or so at this practice, and I haven't met all of them yet. I got a finger prick for hemoglobin testing, and then I got to hear Charlie's heartbeat again--I texted Steve to let him know that it sounded happy. Also, of course, I got to pee in a cup. (If you're wondering, its easier this time, even with the belly--must be like riding a bike, eh?) Oh, and doctor said that my exhaustion is totally normal. So bring on the naps!

One of the coolest things about appointments in this trimester is that the doctor can tell me how Charlie is snuggled up in there. We have been seeing a nice big bulge on the right side of my stomach (the same side Gracie bumped out on, by the way), which turned out to be Charlie's whole back. His toes are up above my belly button, back on the right side of the belly, and head down. Though somehow he still seems to be kicking everywhere at once!

According to What to Expect, Charlie is about 17 inches long and 3 pounds. His mama is (still) 58 inches but now weighs 137.6 pounds (my doctor said I've gained about 21 so far, which is great... Supposed to put on about a pound per week from here on out...). His daddy is 155 pounds. That means I am a little too close for comfort to intersecting with Steve's weight. ;)

The closer we get the more excited I am to meet this little sweetheart. I have been daydreaming about holding him. Keep growing little bun!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you gave the stats of Charlie, you and steve...so funny. Brett told me that he commented on your facebook status about getting too close to Steve, and I agree with him. If you start getting too close to 155 Steve should take one for the team and start gaining weight too :)

    ReplyDelete