So today I felt the most horrible wiggly pain by my rib. Giving me horrible wiggly pains seems to be one of Charlie's hobbies--I'm not sure if he's bigger, positioned differently, or just more passionate, but he gets a lot more "ooh!"s and "ow"s! out of his mama than his big sis did.
As with most reachable horrible wiggly pains, I gave it a little rub to get him to move, and HOLY COW. It was his hand. Or foot. My best guess is a fist. He pushed right back at me, and I could totally feel for the very first time a very distinct baby part. It was pretty cool. Can you believe a whole person fits in me?!? Anyway that was fun. Obviously.
Week 28 starts today. 28. Gracie was born at 38 weeks. Is that crazy? So 12 weeks until his due date. Until he makes his actual arrival into our arms. 12 weeks does not sound like very long.
I wish I could really get cracking on my nesting stuff, but I have been incredibly tired. Like I could take a nap in the morning and another in the afternoon and still go to bed early tired. I could sleep for 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon and still go to bed at like 9 or 10 (but we tend to stay up later than that). I am completely wiped out. Gracie sat with me all through Sesame Street today, and I fell asleep cuddling her. And then woke up to penguins on Elmo's World and the aforementioned baby-part wiggle. Good nap.
My brain feels fried. (Is pregnancy brain finally returning?) My middle feels GINORMOUS. I am growing out of lots of my clothes. :-/ Restless leg syndrome at night. Who knows if that is a real thing, but I definitely have the symptoms of it, and apparently it is a pregnancy thing. Basically it means my legs feel sort of tingly and wiggly when I want to sleep.
I've had some aversions this pregnancy (stir fry, peanut butter), but no cravings really until this week. And suddenly I am all about ground beef and chocolate (not together). Ground beef could have legitimate nutrients baby needs, chocolate... Not so much. But happy for mommy. ;)
And Charlie? Well he seems to be a happy kicky camper in there. And he reportedly has eyelashes now, and should be putting on about a half a pound per week.
But he still has no middle name. Thoughts?

No comments:
Post a Comment