Friday, August 13, 2010

Bed Head

My first order of business when we discover the gender of one of our babies is to hop online and fall in love with some bedding.

Once I've done that, totally set my heart on something, I then have to convince Steve, who also has opinions about design and color schemes, that it will be cute. So far I haven't done that with my top pick, so I thought I'd better look for some back-up options.

My love-at-first-sight set is this spunky hippo design from Dwell Studio. (I love them.) I like that it is affordable (sweet) but also fun. Steve and I like clean lines, and I actually really like the colors--I'd want to add some pops of turquoise, too, I think, in pillows and accessories and stuff. Steve likes it but is concerned that there wouldn't be enough color--and we are all about neutrals with bold pops of color.



These are my back-ups (so far).

I love this cute animal print (also from Dwell a season or two back) called Zoo, but I think I'd still have to add some more color in accessories and stuff. Also, its a little pastel and I'm not the biggest fan of pastels. Still, cute print, clean lines, and I am a sucker for animals, so this is my second choice.
I remember liking this little deer print (Willow from Kidsline) when I was pregnant with Grace, and found it again with a little googling. The basic two-tone would be easy to match, but are deer boyish enough for our little guy? Your thoughts are appreciated.
This fishie set (Migi Splash) was another one we liked when Grace was in the oven, and I still think its cute, plus baby's Daddy has an affinity for fishies himself. :)



So, what are your thoughts? Do you like any of these? Have you seen any others that we'd like better?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any that I like better as I am not preggers and that would be creepy for me to look at baby linens. Here are my thoughts:
    - Hippos - cute. reminds me of your style.
    - I think the pastel one would suit your fancy better if you added some darker/bolder accents like pillows, stuffed animals, etc.
    - I think the deer are boyish enough for the little guy. You don't want something so hardcore manly that you have to get it from Cabella's or Bass Pro something
    - Fish are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this one is at the bottom of your list but I love the fish one! So cute and totally fits you guys. I like them all though, and yes the deer are manly. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete