Monday, April 12, 2010
Sister Practice
Posted by
Jamie
Gracie and I both have colds, so while I sit/lay around feeling sorry for myself I may as well do something semi-productive... like blogging. :)
Now that we know baby #2 is on the way we're having a hard time not sharing the news. It keeps almost slipping out every time we talk to, well, anyone. I had a SUPER hard time not telling my parents while we Skyped yesterday! We're working on a cute way to announce it to la familia sometime this week, and we'll probably wait until week 12 again to announce it to the world at large. We are SO excited!
Gracie got to practice her big-sistering a little last week when we watched baby Chase, who she adores. She likes to rock his carseat (with adult supervision--she can be very enthusiastic), and was showing him her dance to "The Body Song" (her favorite song right now) and kept bringing him toy after toy. She loves babies, and I think she will do pretty well when this new little one makes his or her debut.
We've really enjoyed asking her about our baby. She is pretty sure she is having a "baby disdoo" (sister) and Steve and I are both thinking maybe its a boy, but we keep psyching ourselves out, so we can't commit to one or the other. Gracie always answers sister, though, so we'll see if she is in the know. (p.s. Do you like her shirt? It's from Graceland, one of the boys' stops when they drove the car cross-country.)
I'm thinking positive and am feeling pretty good about this baby skipping over morning sickness. If it comes, fine, but we're going to expect it not to--the power of positive thinking. So far I'm feeling great other than being tired, tired, tired (naps during the day and so-tired-I've-got-chills at night) and of course having to pee every 20 minutes. But I feel fantastic, and we're just trying to remind ourselves that this is really happening! Basically, we're stoked. :)
Now that we know baby #2 is on the way we're having a hard time not sharing the news. It keeps almost slipping out every time we talk to, well, anyone. I had a SUPER hard time not telling my parents while we Skyped yesterday! We're working on a cute way to announce it to la familia sometime this week, and we'll probably wait until week 12 again to announce it to the world at large. We are SO excited!
Gracie got to practice her big-sistering a little last week when we watched baby Chase, who she adores. She likes to rock his carseat (with adult supervision--she can be very enthusiastic), and was showing him her dance to "The Body Song" (her favorite song right now) and kept bringing him toy after toy. She loves babies, and I think she will do pretty well when this new little one makes his or her debut.
We've really enjoyed asking her about our baby. She is pretty sure she is having a "baby disdoo" (sister) and Steve and I are both thinking maybe its a boy, but we keep psyching ourselves out, so we can't commit to one or the other. Gracie always answers sister, though, so we'll see if she is in the know. (p.s. Do you like her shirt? It's from Graceland, one of the boys' stops when they drove the car cross-country.)
I'm thinking positive and am feeling pretty good about this baby skipping over morning sickness. If it comes, fine, but we're going to expect it not to--the power of positive thinking. So far I'm feeling great other than being tired, tired, tired (naps during the day and so-tired-I've-got-chills at night) and of course having to pee every 20 minutes. But I feel fantastic, and we're just trying to remind ourselves that this is really happening! Basically, we're stoked. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment