Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Dreams
Posted by
Jamie
Yesterday during one of my crazy long pregnancy naps, I dreamed that I'd had my baby. This was awkward for several reasons:
1. My mom (apparently) delivered it, and we hadn't actually told our parents yet. Which made me feel really weird--but she was very cool about it.
2. I couldn't remember labor at all, and it was freaking me out. I was running around the house demanding that people explain to me HOW THIS HAPPENED because I couldn't remember having the baby at all and it felt terrible. (My mom had magically gotten me released from the hospital early even though I was unconscious--this shows you how much I love staying at the hospital.)
When I finally held her (it was a girl, btw--apparently we are already predicting this? Though I have Freudian slipped and called the bun "he" before as well), I felt like I didn't know her. And then somebody started showing me videos of her when she was older, and she had blonde curly hair and was very cute, but naturally it freaked me out to see future-video, and I panicked and started yelling about what was going on and who was messing with me.
Did I mention that I went from laughing to almost-hysterical crying with Steve the other day? He is already getting a kick out of the pregnancy symptoms.
Having this dream has only confirmed for me that not even my dream-self is feeling rational and in control.
1. My mom (apparently) delivered it, and we hadn't actually told our parents yet. Which made me feel really weird--but she was very cool about it.
2. I couldn't remember labor at all, and it was freaking me out. I was running around the house demanding that people explain to me HOW THIS HAPPENED because I couldn't remember having the baby at all and it felt terrible. (My mom had magically gotten me released from the hospital early even though I was unconscious--this shows you how much I love staying at the hospital.)
When I finally held her (it was a girl, btw--apparently we are already predicting this? Though I have Freudian slipped and called the bun "he" before as well), I felt like I didn't know her. And then somebody started showing me videos of her when she was older, and she had blonde curly hair and was very cute, but naturally it freaked me out to see future-video, and I panicked and started yelling about what was going on and who was messing with me.
Did I mention that I went from laughing to almost-hysterical crying with Steve the other day? He is already getting a kick out of the pregnancy symptoms.
Having this dream has only confirmed for me that not even my dream-self is feeling rational and in control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment