After delivering Grace so early, I never would have bet on being pregnant this long. But here we are. 39 weeks, 3 days. 4 days until the due date. We're decorated for Christmas, almost done with the gift shopping, it is cold enough to really be running the heat (58 degrees IN OUR HOUSE when we woke up this morning) and still little Charlie bun has not made his arrival. (Look at the snow in the back of the tummy pictures though--it only lasted for one day, but it was awesome!)
Ready for your ham shot?
Can't wait to see who that watermelon is. And if we don't know by Friday, I'm going to have to lay down the law with the doctors. They've been very conservative--which is really good, I think--but this boy needs to be born. We're all exhausted--Steve has been working hard at school AND picking up the slack (of which there is much) at home (good thing Charlie's birth AND Steve's Christmas break are coming up). I'm getting up at least 3 times a night--usually more--due to the whole bladder-the-size-of-an-acorn issue, and also I am huge and sore from carrying this ginormous boy around, so I'm not much help. Plus I waver hormonally between despair that he will never be born and will just stay in there forever and a determination to get lots of fun things done before he arrives.
And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for... THE SIDE SHOT!
Do you like the tape on the porch? It was Gracie's contribution to our Christmas decorating outside. :)
Charlie, here are the things that have been going on while you've been hiding out in my tummy this third trimester.
Things I'm (We're) Craving
Crock pot chicken tacos... Mmm...
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Community
Bones
The Biggest Loser
(Mini-series with Daddy)
The Way We Live Now (again)
Cranford (again)
Wives and Daughters
Little Dorrit
The Aristocrats
Playing...
Settlers of Catan (with the Pearsons)
Ticket to Ride (with Steve on xBox)
Listening to...
Taylor Swift
Brad Paisley
fun.
Michael Buble
Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
Ingrid Michaelson
...and a little bit of Beyonce for Gracie to rock out to when we do the dishes
Baby, please be born.



Jamie, you are beautiful! Every day I find myself wondering if you are in labor but every day I guess I have been wrong... hope the little cutie comes soon!
ReplyDeleteSweet Girl-
ReplyDeleteYou have just the best attitude. And you look so cute! The watermelon becomes you, really. You pull off being pregnant and still look lovely and all glowy. But I am hoping Charlie is born soon too. Maybe he is growing really great hair.
Hope you are holding him in your arms soon. xo
You look so cute!! I have not documented this pregnancy belly at all... you're making me regret that!
ReplyDelete