Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Mariah Knows Where Its At
Posted by
Jamie
Charlie, when you are born you will get to listen to one of the best Christmas songs of all time--Mariah Carey's 1994 classic, All I Want for Christmas is You. You will like it; it rocks (in a Mariah Carey sort of way) and is still topping the Billboard charts. Daddy and I should be singing it to you. Maybe with the addition of "to be Born!!!" at the end of the chorus.
We've been trying to think of ways to entice Charlie to come on out (thought with the recent temperature drop, I understand why he's wary of leaving somewhere so toasty warm). Besides this most recent promise of enjoying Mariah's dulcet tones, we have done things like told him he can have attention like that which we currently lavish on his soon-to-be-BFF Tyler (the Pearson's baby boy), really worked on getting his room ready, and tonight we bought a wipe warmer for his teeny buns and a rug for his room. (Charlie, when you read this later, I apologize that I wrote about your buns. Maybe you should have thought of that before you decided to stay in my tummy for basically forever.)
Steve went to my doctor's appointment with me today. The doctor checked me for any signs of progression towards labor, and while he did give me that I had a VERY minor change, it looks like these past three weeks of contractions haven't really been doing much.
I cried.
He sat us down and told us a lot of good things. For one, he said that Charlie and I are both looking great and super healthy. That is, obviously, the most important and wonderful thing. A huge blessing. He was not concerned about a c-section (though it is always a possibility), labor could progress any day now (or it could take a while), but he said to try to feel good that this pregnancy is going great. He also said that 60% of women go past their due dates. :(
I'm hanging in there. Ready for him to be born. Trying to enjoy these last few days of an easily-portable baby by doing lots of things like going out with Suzi and Abby and Gracie to see Tangled, hitting Harry Potter with Steve, and getting out with girlfriends as much as possible.
Also, Steve told me if I am still pregnant on my due date next, we can go out for an expensive dinner. :)
(but p.s. Charlie, I'd rather have you come a little early if you're in the mood and feeling grown enough to do so.)
We've been trying to think of ways to entice Charlie to come on out (thought with the recent temperature drop, I understand why he's wary of leaving somewhere so toasty warm). Besides this most recent promise of enjoying Mariah's dulcet tones, we have done things like told him he can have attention like that which we currently lavish on his soon-to-be-BFF Tyler (the Pearson's baby boy), really worked on getting his room ready, and tonight we bought a wipe warmer for his teeny buns and a rug for his room. (Charlie, when you read this later, I apologize that I wrote about your buns. Maybe you should have thought of that before you decided to stay in my tummy for basically forever.)
Steve went to my doctor's appointment with me today. The doctor checked me for any signs of progression towards labor, and while he did give me that I had a VERY minor change, it looks like these past three weeks of contractions haven't really been doing much.
I cried.
He sat us down and told us a lot of good things. For one, he said that Charlie and I are both looking great and super healthy. That is, obviously, the most important and wonderful thing. A huge blessing. He was not concerned about a c-section (though it is always a possibility), labor could progress any day now (or it could take a while), but he said to try to feel good that this pregnancy is going great. He also said that 60% of women go past their due dates. :(
I'm hanging in there. Ready for him to be born. Trying to enjoy these last few days of an easily-portable baby by doing lots of things like going out with Suzi and Abby and Gracie to see Tangled, hitting Harry Potter with Steve, and getting out with girlfriends as much as possible.
Also, Steve told me if I am still pregnant on my due date next, we can go out for an expensive dinner. :)
(but p.s. Charlie, I'd rather have you come a little early if you're in the mood and feeling grown enough to do so.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I absolutely agree with you that Charlie should have come today. I hope he comes soon!
ReplyDeleteNo, Allana. He should come tomorrow! :)
ReplyDeleteJamie, this song is also on my Christmas playlist. A must indeed!
Jamie, I've loved reading your blog. You have such a talent for expressing your feelings in writing- and it's nice that i'm a couple weeks behind you. I'm only at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and am already feeling like it's time for him to come out- my patience is being tried (definitely one of my weaknesses). Both my mom and sister were late with their firsts. I also appreciate your example of loving your husband and children. It reminds me of "The Family A Proclamation to the World." You seem like a wonderful mother and am sure you will be one to cute little Charlie when he comes out :) Good luck in pushing through until Charlie comes. Hope your pain and discomfort are relieved soon. thanks. Katie Goodman
ReplyDeleteoops I mean... I'm 37 Weeks this Wednesday :)
ReplyDelete