Thursday, July 29, 2010
Choosing Sides
Posted by
Jamie
Belly shot with my cute preggo SIL, Rachel (expecting her first in October!)
Well, we're back.
We had an awesome 3-week long trip out to California, filled with meeting old friends, staying with my parents, a week long family reunion of Steve's mom's side, beach trips, sunshine, tanning by the pool, reading books, playing games, and all sorts of really, really good food.
Baby and I have been unpacking this afternoon while Gracie naps and Steve does some car maintenance, and I am noticing that he or she is finally big enough to choose a side. Gracie did this too when she was a bun--settled happily on one side of my tummy, making me look lopsided at an arial view and feel over-stretched on that region of belly--and surprisingly this little one has followed in big sister's footsteps and chosen the right as well. I just hope he or she doesn't find the happy little foothold that Gracie so enjoyed in my ribs.
Tomorrow marks 21 weeks, which means mystery bun is about 10.5 inches from crown to rump (the length of a nice long carrot according to Baby Center), and it is growing eyebrows already!
And speaking of choosing sides, I think it is time for me to go on record officially as to my baby-gender guess. We find out on Monday morning (SOOOO EXCITED!). So, I already voted long ago, and I have been pondering for a good week or so now (since Steve revealed his final guess to me), and I have finally settled that I think this little one is another little girl. I was right with my final pre-Gracie guess, so we'll see if I have any mother's intuition or not. We finally have a couple of boy names we like, so we're excited for either one! Stay tuned for the big announcement, coming your way August 2nd!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My gut instinct tells me its a girl...but since my gut instinct was wrong with my own then it must be a boy! We had so much fun with you guys!!! We miss you! I am counting down the hours until the fourth grand baby is revealed! YAY!
ReplyDelete